Cooked School Lunches
From September 2023 our school’s catering contract has been awarded to a company called The Pantry. Please find below further details.
From September 2023 the cost of a school meal is £2.56 per day. Please see the section below for ordering instructions.
How to order a school lunch:
- Follow the guide 'How to ... place an order for lunches - parents and carers (see section below)
- All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 qualify for Universal Free School Meals 'UIFSM'. This means you will be able to log on and pick your child’s menu choice without having to credit your account. Likewise, children who are eligible for pupil premium free school meals 'FSM' in any year group. Please see below details on how to apply for FSM below.
- For children in Nursery, Year 3 and Year 4, your child’s account will need to be in credit before you can select their menu choice.
- Orders can be made, changed or cancelled up to 9am on the day but we ask that you order at least the day before.
- If your child is off sick or will not be in school for lunch, please CANCEL the meal before 9am or your order will still be chargeable to you or the school, depending on year group.
- The cost to our school, should orders not be cancelled, can be significant and put an unnecessary strain on the school budget.
Children are welcome to bring a packed lunch to school but please note that Hilltop operates a strict ‘no nuts’ policy, including nut products such as peanut butter and Nutella, as there are both children and staff at the school with severe nut allergies. Sweets, chocolate and chocolate products and fizzy drinks are also not allowed.
Free School Meals
If you believe you may be eligible for free school meals, please contact the school office for an application form.